The Wayside Transport System
The first part of your training at Wayside Transport is referred to as “the core”. This initial syllabus covers any dangerous goods that are transported in road tankers, containers, drums, cylinders, or loose in bulk by UK drivers.
The second part is the packages module that expands on the transport requirements of dangerous goods in sacks, drums, cylinders, and cartons. Also covered will be skips, tippers, dust card bodies, and others.
The following classes of dangerous or hazardous materials are covered in a lot more detail during the third part of the course at Wayside Transport:
- Class 1 – Explosives
- Class 2 – Gases
- Class 3 – Flammable Liquids
- Class 4 – Flammable Solids
- Class 5 – Oxidising Substances, Organic Peroxides
- Class 6 – Toxic, Harmful, and Infectious Substances
- Class 8 – Corrosives
- Class 9 – Miscellaneous Substances